Super Union Account
- $750 Minimum balance requirement ($7.50 charge will be imposed if balance falls below $750 any day during the statement cycle)
- $650 automatic overdraft privilege*
- Unlimited check writing
- Refer to our rate sheet for interest rate. Interest subject to change at any time. Interest will be compounded monthly and credited to the customer’s account each month. If account is closed before interest is credited, accrued interest is forfeited
- Sole proprietors are eligible for this account; corporations and partnerships are not.
Automatic Overdraft Privilege
- $650 privilege on Platinum Advantage Checking, Golden Advantage, Basic Checking, Union Advantage, and Super Union. Customers are charged the NSF charge for each item but checks are paid—not returned
- The privilege is a courtesy and may be discontinued for any customer at any time
- Accounts receiving the privilege must have a positive balance at least one day in a 30-day period
- Accounts not maintained in good standing will be offered a repayment plan (Fresh Start). If repayment plan is not adhered to, accounts will be subject to collection procedures
- Commercial/Business accounts and Money Market Accounts are not eligible
*Subject to approval
Overdraft Privilege Policy
It is the policy of the Union Bank to comply with applicable laws and regulations and to conduct business in accordance with applicable safety and soundness standards.
An insufficient balance may result from 1) the payment of checks, electronic funds transfers or other withdrawal requests; 2) payments authorized by you; 3) the return, unpaid, of items deposited by you; 4) the imposition of bank service charges; or 5) the deposit of items which according to the Bank’s Funds Availability Policy, are treated as not yet “available” or finally paid.
We are not obligated to pay any item presented for payment if your account does not contain sufficient collected funds. However, if you maintain your account in good standing, defined as a) Making regular deposits; b) bringing the account to a positive balance every 30 days or less; and c) there are no legal orders outstanding; we will approve your reasonable overdrafts as a non-contractual courtesy. Generally, we will not approve an overdraft for you in excess of $650, for personal checking accounts. These limits include our Overdraft Item Fee and/or Return Item Fee Charge(s). We may refuse to pay an overdraft for you at any time, even though we may have previously paid overdrafts for you. You will be notified by mail of any non-sufficient funds items paid or returned that you may have; however, we have no obligation to notify you before we pay or return any item. The amount of any overdrafts plus our Overdraft Item Fee and/or Return Item Fee charges that you owe us shall be due and payable upon demand. If there is an overdraft paid by us on an account with more than one owner on the signature card, each owner, and agent, if applicable, drawing/presenting the item creating the overdraft, shall be jointly and severally liable for such overdrafts, plus our Overdraft Item Fee and/or Return Fee charges.
Limitations: Available only to consumer accounts (excluding Money Market accounts) for personal and household use and we may limit the number of accounts eligible for Automatic Overdraft Privilege to one account per household. Additionally, we reserve the right to not approve any overdrafts against your account until we can verify that your account is being maintained in good standing as defined above.
Account Fees: Whether we pay or return a Non-Sufficient Funds item, a Flat per-item handling fee will be charged to your account as a Non-Sufficient Funds or Overdraft (NSF/OD) charge, as set forth in our common fee schedule.